Material available to the community and researchers at the Old Lilydale Court House Include:
1.Extensive photographic collection.
2. Copies of the Lilydale Express newspaper from 1886 through to present day either on microfilm, bound copies or Cds.
3. Reference library on local people, places and events.
4. Copy of the Lilydale Cemetery Register.
5. Access to former Shire of Lillydale rate records and minute books.
6. Low cost research service.
7. Photographs of Lilydale cemetery headstones from the 1860s to 1931.
8. Lilydale Cemetery headstones transcritpions on microfiche and searchable disk from 1864 to 1993.
As well as its extensive research services and facilities as listed below, the society has carried out research on various places of interest. Most of these are available to the community by visiting our archive. However, the latest research project is now available for free download.
Simply click on the download where indicated.
Ballangeich Historic Wool Bale
Download the newly released booklet on the famous Ballangeich wool bale donated by Annie Gordon of the Western District of Victoria to raise funds for the Belgian Relief Fund in 1915.
Following our overseas inquiry and a lot of input from our Facebook friends, below is the link to download the double page spread on Hollandia and its workers from the Lilydale Express of November 18, 1960 pgs 10 and 11 and also the 1961 Holandia float.