They Answered The Call
A B C D E F G H IJ K L M Mc N O P QR S T UV W XYZ
This year, 2015 the society received funding for its ambitious ANZAC project to commemorate the centenary of World War I titled They Answered the Call. The Australian Government's Department of Veteran Affairs through the Casey Electorate ANZAC Centenary Local Grants Program has provided the society with $5,185.00 for the project.
The project has five elements:
- Compile a list of all the men and women who served in world War I from our Collection areas as per our Collections Policy namely Lilydale, Coldstream. Gruyere, Killara, Seville, Silvan, Montrose and Kilsyth and put the list and information about them where obtainable, up on our website. We estimate this will involve about 400 service personnel.
- Concurrently the society will have the information available digitally and in hard copy as Living Stories at the Old Lilydale Court House for those who can’t access the internet.
- Hold a special weekend when descendants of WWI personnel can come to the Old Lilydale Court House and the members will copy any documents or photographs they may have and record any stories they may have about their ancestor.
- The images and documents will be added to our website.
- Launch the project with a special display.
Members have already started creating the list of service men and women and will record their service and their lives both before and after World War I.
If you have any documents or images of your ancestors who enlisted from the above townships and are happy to share them with us, please complete the attached information form
and send it to us.A B C D E F G H IJ K L M Mc N O P QR S T UV W XYZ