Aims and Objectives
The society's Aims and Objectives as outlined in our Collection Policy are:
1. To foster historical interest and knowledge in the Lilydale district – Lilydale, Chirnside Park, Coldstream, Yering, Gruyere, Killara, Seville, Silvan, Montrose and Kilsyth.
2. To collect material, objects and knowledge of historical value and to establish an historical archive and library.
3. To research, compile and keep an historical record of the Lilydale district.
4. To develop, publish and circulate historical literature that is conducive to the purpose of the society.
5. To liaise with local schools, historical societies, libraries and museums in the Shire of Yarra Ranges.
6. To continue our membership of the Royal Historical Society of Victoria and the Association of Eastern Historical Societies.